The purpose of any Lineage Society is:
- To identify and honor your early ancestors of Fairfield County, Ohio
- To recognize the proven descendants of the early families of Fairfield County
- To encourage quality genealogical research necessary to discover these early families
Fairfield County has two lineage societies:
- Fairfield County Pioneers recognizes the early pioneers who settled in our county prior to 1821
- Fairfield County Settlers recognizes the settlers of our county between 1821 and 1851
Most applications for proven Pioneers and proven Settlers are available for review at the library.
You must first be a member of the Fairfield County Chapter OGS in order to be considered for a society.
A non-refundable application fee of $20.00 is required with your initial application for each society to which you apply. Supplemental papers require a fee of $10.00.
All applications and documentation must be in paper format only.
The application deadline is November 1 of each year for all societies.
Please download and read our guideline document before beginning. (Download here) This document also contains a checklist which will aid in obtaining all necessary documents.
You may print the application form and complete it in ink, or you can download the application to your computer and complete it electronically. Be sure to save the application first before entering information.
Send your completed application, documentation and check (payable to FCC-OGS) to:
503 Lenwood Dr.
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
Questions concerning Fairfield County Societies, the guidelines, or the application can be sent to LineageSociety@fairfieldgenealogy.org.