Note: Please see the Calendar in the sidebar for additional information, including meetings, special events and other library closings.FCCOGS Staff
Monday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday – By appointment only
We have the following rules in place for your safety and others.
- Everyone entering the building will need to use hand sanitizer immediately. It is on the desk inside the back door.
- Masks are mandatory for both staff and guests while in the library.
- You will need to sit at separate tables from other researchers, to stay at least 6 feet apart.
- If you are running a fever, or coughing, DO NOT COME!
The Chapter’s library began in 2003 when a closed Fairfield County District Library building became available. Since that time, the amount of material and the number of collections have increased significantly.
We provide the following services:
- Copies, at 20 cents each
- 3 computers for patron’s use, with subscriptions to Ancestry Library Edition, Fold3, and Newspapers.com. Please read our Computer Use Policy
- Free Wi-Fi
- WPA Grave Registration Cards
- WPA Cemetery Maps
- Obituaries (see the Research page)
- Surname Files
- Vertical File (index available on Members Only page)
- Ancestor Charts
- Family Histories
- Publications from other Ohio Genealogical Chapters
- Fairfield County Court of Common Pleas Records, prior to 1930
- Early Supreme Court and Chancery Court Records
- Research material for other states
- Fairfield County Death Certificates beginning in 1908 (see Research page)
Meeting Space Information: Meeting space at the Fairfield County Genealogical Libray is available for educational, cultural, and civic groups serving Fairfield County, to conduct meetings and conferences. Meeting space is available on a fee basis to eligible groups. For further information please read our Facility Use Policy, Meeting space information, and Facility Use Application.