Note: Please see the Calendar in the sidebar for additional information, including meetings, special events and other library closings.FCCOGS Staff
Monday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
** For any other additional times, please schedule an appointment.
The Library is open to assist you in your research. Please stop in and we will be more than happy to help you.
The Chapter’s library began in 2003 when a closed Fairfield County District Library building became available. Since that time, the amount of material and the number of collections have increased significantly.
We provide the following services:
- Copies, at 25 cents each
- 3 computers for patron’s use, with subscriptions to Ancestry Library Edition, Fold3, and Newspapers.com. Please read our Computer Use Policy
- Free Wi-Fi
- WPA Grave Registration Cards
- WPA Cemetery Maps
- Obituaries (see the Research page)
- Surname Files
- Vertical File (index available on Members Only page)
- Ancestor Charts ( Surname index with chart numbers | A – I | | J – Q | | R – Z | )
- Family Histories
- Publications from other Ohio Genealogical Chapters
- Fairfield County Court of Common Pleas Records, prior to 1930
- Early Supreme Court and Chancery Court Records
- Research material for other states
- Fairfield County Death Certificates beginning in 1908 (see Research page)
Meeting Space Information: Meeting space at the Fairfield County Genealogical Libray is available for educational, cultural, and civic groups serving Fairfield County, to conduct meetings and conferences. Meeting space is available on a fee basis to eligible groups. For further information please read our Facility Use Policy, Meeting space information, and Facility Use Application.